Sonic 3: Chaos Adventure
A fan-made sonic game with based on Sonic 3 called Chaos Adventure.
This is one of my (Jdpense) main Sonic 3 and Knuckles hacking projects! This hack is a demo that contains a completely new gameplay mechanic I that came up with and developed. This gameplay mechanic allows the player to store a limited amount of powerups the their inventory, so the player can choose when they want to utilize the power up they collected.
This is a project that I have been working on for several months now, so I want showoff this project and receive feedback on. This will be one of my main projects that I will persist to keep working on!
– Angel Island Zone Act 1, 2, and 3
– For this demo, Sonic is the only playable character. The reason is that I plan to come up with new powerups and level design changes specifically for the other characters that I didn’t have the chance to get to yet.
– New inventory mechanic for powerups
– New Sound effects and Drums samples from Sonic CD and Knuckles’ Choatix
– New level design built from scratch to work with the new game mechanic
– New powerups such as the Combi-Ring (from Chaotix), Rocket Shoes, and Pogo Spring (from Sonic Choas) and etc.
– New HUD display, voice samples, End Results display, and so much more!
Instructions for the new gameplay mechanics:
-Controls for usage of Inventory:
– Swapping powerups: Press B while NOT jumping nor airborne. (Standing or rolling on the ground.)
– Utilizing items: Press Jump (A or C) then the B button to use the power up displayed at the TOP of the inventory.
– Controls for usage of Exclusive Character Powerups:
– Pogo Spring:
– Press and hold DOWN on the D-pad to increase to height of the bounce.
– Rocket Shoes:
– Press LEFT or RIGHT on the D-pad to alter Sonic’s direction on the horizontal axis.
– In order to leave the powerups, press A or C.
– A and C are both still jump.
– Storing Powerups to Inventory:
– By simply breaking a monitor, the powerup from the monitor will be added to your inventory. (Excluding 1 ups and super ring monitors. They automatically get added to your life and ring counter.)
– It’s also important to note that the player can only carry 3 power ups at a time. If your inventory exceeds this number, then the powerup displayed at the BOTTOM of the inventory will fall out of your inventory as a bouncing icon. You can still collect it and restore it to your inventory, by touching it before it disappears!
– SonED 2
– JMan’s Sonic 1 Sound Compressor
Credits and Special Thanks:
– Xenowhirl for SonMapEd
– Stealth for SonEd 2
– Flamewing for the improved S3k Sound Driver
– Jman for his Sonic 1 Sound Compressor
– ValleyBell for the SFX and Music Rips from SCD and KC
– Techokami and Doc Melonhead for the Sonic 3 and Knuckles custom monitor expansion sprite sheet from Spriter’s Resource
How to Play
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, C Button =||[J],[K],[L]|
|PLAY,MODE =||[Enter], [SPACE-BAR]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data.
CAUTION:: Browser's private mode WILL NOT retain your save state, because save state is deleted once the browser is closed, so don't use private mode if you want to use the save state.
Recommended Browser: Chrome
Play Sonic 3 Chaos Adventure Online Game. One of many Sonic Games to play online on your web browser for free at KBH Games. Play Sonic 3 Chaos Adventure using a online Sega emulator. Tagged as Hack Games, Sonic Games, and Sonic The Hedgehog Games. Upvoted by 203 players. Other games you might like are Movie Sonic in Sonic 3 and Sonic 1 Tag Team Adventure. No download or installation needed to play this free game. Hope this game brings a little joy into your daily life.