Sonic 2: Return of Shadow
Sonic 2 Return of Shadow is a amazing hack of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Features 4 characters play from all with their own unique movesets.
The keys are for Sega Genesis you must find the key-mapping for them on your keyboard.
- Shield moves: Double Jump Spark, Fireball, Bubble Bounce, Homing attack. For lightning shield, Fire Shield, Bubble Bounce, press A, B, or C while in the air, Yellow Shield, press A,B, or C while in the air by an object to homing attack.
- Insta-shield: Press A, or C while in the air without a shield, it will protect Sonic for a quick second against attacks.
- Super Peelout: Hold up and hold A, B, or C to rev it up.
- Ground Pound/Plus Spin: Hold B while jumping to smack to the ground, when ground is hit hold forward to spin dash forward.
- Flight: Jump and press A, or C to gain height.
- Aerial Attack: Jump and press B, works like the Sonic Battle aerial tails attack.
- Glide: Jump and Hold A, or C, works like the Adventure Series.
- Drill Claw: While gliding, Hold B while still holding A or C.
- Dig: When in Drill Claw once Knuckles hits the ground, he will dig underground and look for an item. He is invulnerable at this time. This move works on walls too.
- Shadow Melee: Press C to Start combo, first is a punch, second is a faster punch, 3rd is a kick, and final is a jump kick.
- Hover: Jump and hold B.
- Gun Shot: While in a hover, press C, to shoot a bullet.
- Chaos Energy: jump and press A, makes Shadow invulnerable from attacks, and attracts the rings around him, for a short period of time.
Moves for all Characters:
- Spindash: for Sonic and Shadow, hold down and press A, B, or C to rev up and for Tails and knuckles, hold up or down and press A, B, or C.
- Wind Burst: Instant burst of speed when running at full speed for 5 seconds.
- Tails Tag Team: When having Tails as sidekick, jump and press up for him to start flying, once the main character is attached you can also control Tails, press B for the main character to jump off and A for tails to fling you forward. If the main character is Tails, if Sonic/Knuckles attaches to him you can fling them forward with the same button. At this time you can only ascend with the C button.
- Special Ramp/Spring Tricks: When In falling animation from spring or ramp, press up to gain a burst of speed up, characters movement will be locked until in falling animation, press a direction and B to go forward, they wont be able to move until they hit the ground, press B and no direction to move backwards, and press down to gain speed down, and press C to go into a roll.
Note: (Knuckles currently doesn’t have the Ramp/Spring tricks.)
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.Controller to Keyboard Mapping =
Only keyboard is required to play. Pretend your keyboard is the a game controller. Check the controller setting by clicking the "Set Up Keyboard" button at the bottom of the game. A console-to-keyboard mapping will be displayed, for example, a - Z, mean "a" button on console/joystick is equal to Z key on your keyboard.
Start/Pause = Enter
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|Move/D-PAD =||[W],[A],[S],[D] on Keyboard|
|X, Y, Z Button =||[U],[I],[O] on Keyboard|
|START,MODE =||[Enter], [SPACE-BAR] on Keyboard|
SAVE GAME: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" the save code will be saved to your browser's cookie. So remember if clear your browser's cookies your save spot will be gone.
LOAD GAME: Click to load from the latest save spot.