Sonic 2: Return of Shadow
Sonic 2 Return of Shadow is a amazing hack of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Features 4 characters play from all with their own unique movesets.
The keys are for Sega Genesis you must find the key-mapping for them on your keyboard.
- Shield moves: Double Jump Spark, Fireball, Bubble Bounce, Homing attack. For lightning shield, Fire Shield, Bubble Bounce, press A, B, or C while in the air, Yellow Shield, press A,B, or C while in the air by an object to homing attack.
- Insta-shield: Press A, or C while in the air without a shield, it will protect Sonic for a quick second against attacks.
- Super Peelout: Hold up and hold A, B, or C to rev it up.
- Ground Pound/Plus Spin: Hold B while jumping to smack to the ground, when ground is hit hold forward to spin dash forward.
- Flight: Jump and press A, or C to gain height.
- Aerial Attack: Jump and press B, works like the Sonic Battle aerial tails attack.
- Glide: Jump and Hold A, or C, works like the Adventure Series.
- Drill Claw: While gliding, Hold B while still holding A or C.
- Dig: When in Drill Claw once Knuckles hits the ground, he will dig underground and look for an item. He is invulnerable at this time. This move works on walls too.
- Shadow Melee: Press C to Start combo, first is a punch, second is a faster punch, 3rd is a kick, and final is a jump kick.
- Hover: Jump and hold B.
- Gun Shot: While in a hover, press C, to shoot a bullet.
- Chaos Energy: jump and press A, makes Shadow invulnerable from attacks, and attracts the rings around him, for a short period of time.
Moves for all Characters:
- Spindash: for Sonic and Shadow, hold down and press A, B, or C to rev up and for Tails and knuckles, hold up or down and press A, B, or C.
- Wind Burst: Instant burst of speed when running at full speed for 5 seconds.
- Tails Tag Team: When having Tails as sidekick, jump and press up for him to start flying, once the main character is attached you can also control Tails, press B for the main character to jump off and A for tails to fling you forward. If the main character is Tails, if Sonic/Knuckles attaches to him you can fling them forward with the same button. At this time you can only ascend with the C button.
- Special Ramp/Spring Tricks: When In falling animation from spring or ramp, press up to gain a burst of speed up, characters movement will be locked until in falling animation, press a direction and B to go forward, they wont be able to move until they hit the ground, press B and no direction to move backwards, and press down to gain speed down, and press C to go into a roll.
Note: (Knuckles currently doesn’t have the Ramp/Spring tricks.)
Levels: Bayside Atoll Zone (Act 1), Nightside Atoll Zone (Act 2), Frost Mountain Zone (Act 1), Frost Cavern Zone (Act 2: New), Neon Lights Zone (Act 1), Carnival Street Zone (Act 2), Wacky Workbench Zone (only one act), Dystopia Zone (only one act), Massacre Temple Zone (Act 1), Tidal Tempest Zone (Act 2), Mushroom Cavern Zone (Act 1), Mt. Inferno (Act 2), Forgotten Cave Zone (only one act), Lakeside Garden Zone (Act 1), Sunset Garden Zone (Act 2), Locust Dunes Zone (Act 1), Midngiht Dunes Zone (act 2), Ancient City Zone (only one act)
Credits: Blazer; Massacre Temple art
KCEXE; Dystopia art
Jdpense; character descriptions screen, and boss in Massacre Temple
Markeyjester; FCZ forground loop art
Snkenjoi; Flex 2
Mainmemory; SonLVL, SonPLN
Flamewing; Sound driver
Hitaxas; Sidekick social distancing code, bug testing
Alriightyman; guide for setting up Flamewings sound driver, bug testing
Varion Icaria; bug testing
E-122-Psi; Shadow special stage sprites
Asuharamoon; Shadows new sprites
Just Have Fun!
How to Play
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, C Button =||[J],[K],[L]|
|PLAY,MODE =||[Enter], [SPACE-BAR]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data.
CAUTION:: Browser's private mode WILL NOT retain your save state, because save state is deleted once the browser is closed, so don't use private mode if you want to use the save state.
Recommended Browser: Chrome
Sonic 2 Return of Shadow is a online Sonic Game you can play for free in full screen at KBH Games. Play Sonic 2 Return of Shadow using a online Sega emulator. Easily play Sonic 2 Return of Shadow on the web browser without downloading. Hope the game will bring a little joy into your daily life.