Pokemon Stranded takes a different route from a conventional Pokemon game in multiple ways. For starters, there are no Gyms or conventional Pokemon Trainers, no badges, no Pokemon Centers or Marts and so on. Also, the main story for the game will be fairly short and straightforward but there will be thousands of side stories along the way. Most updates of the game will be about addition of new side quests.
- The major features of the game include:
- (Almost) Open World – All the places that have been currently programmed in the game opens up for exploration right after some introductory events. You can visit almost anywhere on the map without almost any path-blocks!
- Level Scaling – Level of random wild Pokemon and trainers’ Pokemon all depend on the level of your Pokemon! The stronger you get, the stronger they get. Most of the event special wild battles are also scaled.
- Pokemon Interactions – Randomly in your journey, your Pokemon might get hungry, or want headpats, etc.! You may also get poisoned by random wild Pokemon or your Pokemon team might get burned through Charizard’s sneeze!
- Pick-a-Route – There are multiple ways to overcome an obstacle. You see a path blocked by a Spearow and a tree? You can either remove the Spearow once and for all, or cut the tree every time you have to go through the path. In fact, there will be some optional ‘obstacles’ that you can just straight up ignore if you want!
- Choices matter! – Your choices can influence the outcomes and actions of others! There is a guide included in the download that will let you know which choices causes branching.
- OK to Lose Trainer Battles – You will not whiteout if you lose a trainer battle in most cases. In fact, sometimes losing a battle can cause the story to go in a different branch!
- Easter Eggs – There are a lot of internet and meme references! A lot of them are dead and/or outdated because I had placed them a long time ago in the game. Some words are anagram, some are in different languages only to see if a player can spot all the references!
- Adventure Menu – You can use the Adventure Menu by clicking the R button (or equivalent button) and use it to do a lot of stuffs like crafting items, fetching water, etc.!
- EasyNav Device – A high tech device that replaces the need for all HMs required to navigate through the islands!
- Craftwood – Everytime you cut a small tree blocking your path, you have a 75% chance of getting an item called ‘Craftwood’. Upon collection of sufficient Craftwoods, you can create tents and campfires!
- Mining and Rock Smash – Everytime you smash a small rock, you have a 25% chance of getting a Hard Stone. You can also mine walls to get various rocky items! (Currently in an experimental phase and might be improved upon in future versions)
- Curries – Make curries for your Pokemon that basically replace the need of Potions and Elixirs because you wont be getting any man made items in the islands!
- Daily Boss Fight – Still an experimental feature but you can visit a certain NPC underwater who lets you fight a buffed Pokemon every day. ‘Day’ is measured based on real time clock.
People from PokeCommunity:
- Prof. Leon Dias – The Ultimate Fire Red Base
- Skeli, Ghoulslash – Complete Fire Red Upgrade
- Upsurge – scripting assistance
- BluRose, DaniilS – weather fix
- FBI – ASM tutorials and lots of ASM routines
- Sierraffinity – XSE and level script tutorial
- Esperance, HackMew, HidoranBlaze, Jiangzhengwenjzw, MrDollSteak, Pokemon_XY – lots of ASM routines
- Kalarie – OW sprites and misc. assistances
- RadicalRadish – sprites
- Contributors of Dynamic Fire Red Surf Over World Project
- Every single good souls from PokeCommunity and Discord who helped me whenever I got stuck
People outside PokeCommunity:
- Kidkatt, Princess-Phoenix, Aveontrainer, Poison-master (Deviantart) – sprites
- Kashikizu (Discord) – mapping assistance
- biohazard13 (Spriters Resources) – sprites ripped
- Aspiring PokeTrainer (YouTube) – lots of tutorials
Tilesets and Sprites Ripped From:
- Pokemon Darkcry Version by Mitchell1 – Munchlax overworld
- Pokemon Emerald Version by GameFreak – miscellaneous tilesets and sprites
- Pokemon HeartGold Version by GameFreak – overworld sprites
- Pokemon Orange Islands by Kalarie – Underwater tilesets
- Mario Kart Super Circuit by Intelligent Systems – Mountain Peak sky tileset
- Minecraft by Mojang – sprites
- You can download from Pokecommunity.
- Join their Discord server
How to Play
Only keyboard is required to play this game. Check out the controller button to see console-to-keyboard mapping. For example, "A" on the game console is mapped to "Z" Key on your keyboard. You can also change the default key-mapping to whatever you feel comfortable with.
|Default Keyboard Mapping|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A,B,L,R Button =||[Z],[X],[A],[S]|
Use the Save button to download the save code of Stranded Version to your computer. Use the Upload button to select the save code from your PC to resume where you left off.