Start your pokemon adventure in Pokemon Grape. A fan made retro pokemon game. Take you back to those sweet old times or go there for the first time.
Story – Frejo, 1999
There’s a controversy regarding the ownership of the Pokemon League Zone between the Leaders of two distant Regions, the Region of Frejo and the Region of Kelgo, and these two regions are about to declare war to each other.
Fortunately, the two Leaders agree on starting a Competition for deciding the ultimate ownership of the Pokemon League, each one of them picks a rookie trainer as their contender.
The first contender that gains the 8 Badges of the Region of Frejo and successfully defeats the Elite 4 and the League Champion will acquire the Pokemon League.
Unfortunately, before the competition can actually start, some bad guys, allegedly some surviving members of Team Rocket tha fled from Kanto, destroy the Pokemon Database of the Pokemon League and PokeDex data is now missing and it’s a huge problem due to economic stuff we aren’t supposed to comprehend.
So… the following day you’re supposed to gain control of your Player Character, the Contender chosen by the Leadership of the Region of Kelgo, a sort-of famous teenager baseball player called Marquis but simply known as insert your favorite nickname here.
We don’t know anything about him… details about his past life, relationship, daily activities et cetera will come up at any time during the adventure, but one thing is certain: he’s not mute and he isn’t supposed to look like the generic Pokemon Characters you use to imperson.
Actually there’s also a psychopath teenager with suicidal tendencies called Paul, you can’t rename him at the start of the game simply because he and Pokemon Anime’s Paul are the same person, and he’s the other contender, he’s a Pokemon maniac and he doesn’t think twice in letting his weakest pokemon die slowly after being injured… this awesome person is supposed to be your rival.
Also, there’s an unknown Pokemon professor put at the last minute, for good measure, by the Pokemon League: Professor Iroquois Stanley Bek a.k.a. IS Bek, allegedly Samuel Oak’s cousin.
This weird-looking professor is supposed to give the contenders an extra task: complete the Pokedex in order to restore the lost Pokemon Database data simply by collecting every Pokemon specie during their quest.
This is a task that you can either ignore or accomplish, in any case this will decide your ending (aka Good Ending vs Bad Ending).
Some of the MANY features that you will eventually come across:
- Explore the Region of Frejo AND the Region of Kelgo, each with its distinct Town Map! Frejo alone is way bigger than Kanto. Multiple backtracking and open-world alike Region;
- You can explore Kelgo, its dozen of maps, the fully functional Hot Spring and a dungeon. You can travel across the two regions by land or via Magnet Train;
- You can catch all the 248 Pokémon species featured in this game, including pokémon from generations ranging from the First to the Sixth and even get a couple new Fakémon;
- 11 Legendary Pokémon, the new ones even feature their own special event – notably Mew under the truck at the Port & Ho-Oh like in FireRedLeaf Green;
- New types, for a total amount of 25 types: from the canonical Dark, Steel and Fairy to Light, Bone, Sound, Wood, Atom, Wind & Gas;
- A multitude of completely new ambients and dungeons: from very detailed Forests to Swamps, caves, ice caves, sewers, multiple sidescroll areas, volcanoes and even underwater. All with the best graphics ever seen in retrò hacks. These include even new kind of traps, environmental hazards and stuff never seen before;
- Very improved graphics, EVERY pokémon sprite it’s in higher resolution with better details, shadings, palettes, and with detailed backsprites. Each pokémon uses its own colors as meant;
- Improved Shaded fonts, not shaded in battles, multiple selectable textboxes, dark fonts and even Braille!
- New methods of evolution implemented (first Pokémon hack ever to do so), from Place Evolution to Move Evolution and items that evolve, and in the case of Eevee De-evolve, pokémon that otherwise wouldn’t;
- A fast Kart instead of the bycicle, capable of doing x4 speed at will, and running shoes on foot;
- New Pokéball types: Fast, Net, Nest, Dive, Dusk, Timer, Repeat and Heal Balls, along with Dope Ball, Shiny Ball AND even the Snag Ball – for catching a trainer’s own Pokémon!
- New Repel System, imported from Pokemon Black2White 2;
- Completely new items with completely new functions, even outside of battle: Lighter, Mining Pick, Magic Hammer and many more!
- 70 extra new Moves, including moves that use the new types (at least 3 damage dealing moves for each new type);
- Custom OverWorlds in the Pokemon menu, one for each pokemon species;
- More emotion bubbles, used more often than in the original game for special effects in the course of many events and/or dialogues;
- Hilarious dialogues, humour and tons of “pop colture” references, and there’s even occasional self-censored profanity, Conker’s-Bad-Fur-Day Style;
- Several glitches left there by the original developers were fixed (too many to be listed here);
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
How to Play
Press [ENTER] to PLAY/Pause.
Only keyboard is required to play. Pretend your keyboard is the a game controller. Check the controller setting by clicking on the “keyboard” icon at the bottom of the game. A console-to-keyboard mapping will be displayed. For example, A = X, mean "A" button on console is equal to "X" key on your keyboard. You can also change the default key-mapping.
|Default Keyboard Mapping|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A,B Button =||[X],[Z]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data
Recommended Browser: Chrome