A Palace for Fools
A Palace for Fools is a short Metroidvania game with gameplay inspired by Mega Man games on NES. Explore the flying palace; shoot enemies; learn new skills and use them to reach places you couldn’t reach before; travel to the past. You know how these games work.
Developed by Jani Nykänen.
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
If the keyboard does not work, move the mouse cursor around the screen. It should take the focus and thus make the keyboard work, although you might need to move the cursor outside the game canvas.
- Arrow keys or left analogue stick or dpad: Move and climb
- Z or (A) : Jump.
- Jump button on air: If you have a rocket pack, you can press the jump button again on air to use “fly”.
- Down + jump button: slide. A jar of lubricant is required.
- X or (X): Shoot (requires a hand cannon).
- Hold shoot button and release: Shoots a bigger, stronger bullet. Requires an improved hand cannon
- Shift or (Back): Open a map, if you have one.
- Enter or (Start): Open the pause menu. If you get stuck, you can find “Respawn” option there.
Xbox-like gamepad are supported, at least most (or some?) of them. Should work on Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera etc.) and Firefox, although there might be issues on Firefox. Before you can use the gamepad, you must press any gamepad key to make the game recognize your gamepad.
Saving the game
The game lets you save your progress. The progress is stored locally to your computer using a thing called “local storage”. It is not persistent, so clearing up your browser’s history etc. will remove the game saves.
- Chromium-based browsers: Chrome, Opera etc