Play as a member of Team Rocket! As a member of the criminal organization you’re expected to be a criminal thing such as cheat, lie and steal. The better your at it the faster you move up the Team Rocket ranking ladder. The story takes place at the same time as Pokemon FireRed. Go back to Kanto, but now experience it in a whole new perspective. Meet familiar characters along the way.
- Steal Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game. Unlike other Team Rocket-based hacks, Rocket Edition allows you to steal a Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game once you’ve defeated them in battle. As you rise up the ranks of Team Rocket, you will gain the opportunity to steal from more and more Trainer classes.
- Experience the true story behind Red’s adventures. The game’s story runs parallel to the original FireRed, revealing hidden secrets about what goes on in the Kanto region when Red is not around. Incorporating numerous popular fan theories about the Pokémon universe, Rocket Edition presents an original take on the classic FireRed narrative that is filled with twists and surprising revelations.
- Engage well-known characters in Pokémon battle. All of the significant characters from the original game make their appearance in Rocket Edition, and many of them will challenge you to battle as well. Depending on your rank within Team Rocket, you may even be able to steal one of their Pokémon for yourself!
- Morality system and branching sidequests. Although you are a Rocket, you are free to choose whether to play it nice or to go out on a villainous rampage – the game will reward you for either. Many of Kanto’s citizens, innocents and criminals alike, will request your help for independent criminal missions, offering additional perks and bonus items. Whom you decide to help and whom you decide to double-cross may turn out to have far-reaching consequences as your journey continues…
- Gen. VI-style mechanics and presentation. Courtesy of MrDollSteak’s wonderful patch, the Fairy type, the modern physical/special split, and attacks from generations IV, V and VI are all present in Rocket Edition. Proper names of Trainers, Pokémon and locations have all been decapitalized in the style of the modern games as well.
- Overall improved interface and gameplay. Run – inside or outside – from the very start of the game, or use the HM for Fly at your leisure from the moment you step outside. Encounter rates in caves and in water have been significantly reduced, and the player faces every challenged Trainer before battle.
Updated to Rocket Edition Beta Completed Version 1.0
Notes: The game ends shortly after the credits roll. Save files from all earlier betas are compatible with this release.
colonelsalt, ckret2, FBI, JPAN, Touched, daniilS, knizz, CinderGhost, MrDollSteak, Navenatox, Jambo51, HackMew
How to Play
Only keyboard is required to play this game. Check out the controller button to see console-to-keyboard mapping. For example, "A" on the game console is mapped to "Z" Key on your keyboard. You can also change the default key-mapping to whatever you feel comfortable with.
|Default Keyboard Mapping|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A,B,L,R Button =||[Z],[X],[A],[S]|
Use the Save button to download the save code of Rocket Edition to your computer. Use the Upload button to select the save code from your PC to resume where you left off.