Pokemon Red+++ is meant to serve as an updated version of Pokemon Red. It aims to eventually fix all of the most glaring oddities of Gen 1, and include many new features and gameplay elements that we have become accustomed to over the years. The story itself is still the same as Gen 1, though there are new locations and small changes to events here and there to freshen things up while still keeping it mostly true to the original Gen 1 story.
- Gender selection
- “Normal” version and “Hard” version. Different level curve, trainer teams, and AI
- New “Smart AI”, used by Boss trainers in Normal Patch, and all trainers in Hard Patch
- A lot of bugs/oddities from Gen 1 have been fixed
- A few new areas added to Kanto, such as Faraway Island
- Running shoes, faster Surf speed, faster bike
- Physical/Special/Status split from Gen IV+
- Animated EXP Bar in battle
- Pokéball icon in wild battles to indicate a Pokémon species has been caught before
- Pokémon have genders (same ratios as canon games)
- Shiny Pokemon
- Breeding at the Day Care (currently with the Day Care Man’s Ditto)
- Dark, Steel, & Fairy types
- All later-gen evolutions and baby versions of the original 151 included, plus some others
- New evolution methods added for the new Pokémon
- All Pokémon obtainable without having to trade
- Several attacks from the newer games added
- Almost all attacks updated to their Gen 6 effect, power, etc.
- Type strength/weakness table updated to Gen 6
- Completely updated move pools for all Pokémon, based on XY/ORAS (but not exact)
- New trainer classes added that were missing from Gen 1
- Trainers have unique names, such as “LASS CONNIE” instead of simply “LASS”
- Offline clone of Wonder Trade, available in every PokéCenter once you have a PokéDex
- Gen 6 style EXP Gain and EXP Share (Not given at the start of the game)
- BW2 Repel System
- Chain Fishing for Shinies
- Pack holds 30 items instead of 20
- HM Moves usable without having to go into the party menu
- Headbutt usable on the overworld, like in GSC and HGSS
- Flash is now a TM instead of an HM
- Item descriptions in Pack and Mart menus
- Berry Trees, working off a step counter
- Some trainers may have Shiny Pokémon, or stronger Pokémon than others in that class
- In-Game Trade Pokémon have unique OT Names, not just “TRAINER”
- Move Deleter
- Move Relearner
- Move Tutors
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
How to Play
Press [ENTER] to PLAY/Pause.
Only keyboard is required to play. Pretend your keyboard is the a game controller. Check the controller setting by clicking on the “keyboard” icon at the bottom of the game. A console-to-keyboard mapping will be displayed. For example, A = X, mean "A" button on console is equal to "X" key on your keyboard. You can also change the default key-mapping.
|Default Keyboard Mapping|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A,B Button =||[X],[Z]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data
Recommended Browser: Chrome