Marvel Super Heroes – War of the Gems
Marvel Super Heroes In War of the Gems is a retro action platformer video game developed by Capcom for the Super Nintendo game console.
Story: Assemble the most powerful and popular marvel super heroes as they unite to battle treacherous mobs of Super-Villains! A mysterious foe has kicked off his plan to rule the world by collecting the Infinity Gems. While each gem controls one force of nature, combined they command limitless power.
The fate of the entire world depends on your ability to defeat this sinister scheme before the gems are combined. Master the brute strength of your favorite hero to take on this life and death challenge. You choose the hero best suited to each mission and control all the action, like breaking barriers with the Incredible Hulk or tackling challenges with Spider-Man’s webs and climbing ability.
It’s an incredible action-adventure demanding skill, cunning and reflexes to defeat a diabolical plot and the most amazing assortment of corrupt Super-Villains ever assembled.
Although War of the Gems is based on the same storyline as the Capcom arcade game Marvel Super Heroes, and each of the playable characters retains one of the special moves they had in that game, it is not a port; War of the Gems instead features gameplay similar to Final Fight and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse.
Playable characters include:
- Captain America: Balanced in both attack and speed (all-around type).
- Iron Man: Powerful but quite slow, can use a variety of projectiles and also has double jump (power type).
- Hulk: The biggest character in the game, being the strongest and also the slowest (power type).
- Spider-Man: The fastest character in the game, but also the weakest. His attack lasts the longest (speed type).
- Wolverine: A balanced fighter between Spider-Man and Captain America. His low stance allows him to dodge some attacks without having to crouch. Can climb walls by pressing jump near them (balanced type).
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.Controller to Keyboard Mapping:
Only keyboard is required to play. Pretend your keyboard is the a game controller.
PLAY/Pause = Enter
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|Move/D-PAD =||[W],[A],[S],[D] on Keyboard|
|A, B, X, Y Button =||[J], [K], [I], [L] on Keyboard|
|L, R Button =||[U], [O] on Keyboard|
|PLAY, SELECT =||[Enter], [Space-Bar] on Keyboard|
How-to Save Game: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How-to Load Game: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data
RECOMMENDED browser is Chrome