Gin Rummy Plus
The objective in Gin Rummy is to collect cards into melds and have as little deadwood as possible at the end of each hand (aka round). A game usually consists of several hands, and each hand is scored separately depending on how much deadwood opponents have at the end of a hand. The hand ends with one opponent knocking, ginning or with a draw. The full game ends when one player reaches an agreed-upon number of total points (e.g. 100 points).
Knock out your opponent is allowed when the value of deadwood points is 10 points or less.
- Set: Three or four cards of the same rank, for example, ♥8♠8♦8 or ♥Q♠Q♦Q♣Q
- Run: Three or more cards in sequence in the same suit, for example, ♥A♥2♥3 or ♣6♣7♣8♣9♣10. Aces are always low, never high, and runs can’t wrap around, so Q,K,A,2 would not be a legal run.
- Meld: A word for both Sets and Runs. You might, for example, have three melds, where two of them are sets and one is a run. Each card can only be part of one set or run, for example, if you have an 8 you cannot count it both as part of 8,8,8 and 7,8,9.
- Stock: A deck of facedown cards, in the middle of the table. Players draw one card from the stock in every round.
- Discard pile: A pile of faceup cards placed next to the stock. Players discard one card onto the pile in every round.
- Deadwood: Any cards in your hand that are not part of a meld.
- Knocking: Ending the round by putting a card face down on the discard pile.
- Gin: When all 10 cards in your hand are parts of melds and you have no deadwood.
- Big Gin: When all 10 cards in your hand and the card you just drew are parts of melds, so you have 11 cards, all in melds.
- Lay off: Adding your deadwood cards to an opponent’s melds.
Play Gin Rummy Plus Online Game. One of many Strategy Games to play online on your web browser for free at KBH Games. Gin Rummy Plus is also a cross-platform game that be played on a mobile phone, tablet, and computer. Tagged as Card Games, Puzzle Games, and Strategy Games. Upvoted by 29 players. Other games you might like are FNF: Spooky Week 2 Plus and Gin Rummy Classic. No download or installation needed to play this free game. Hope this game brings a little joy into your daily life.