Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt
Pyramid Solitaire Rules
Table of contents
The objective in Pyramid Solitaire is to remove all cards in the pyramid by pairing cards that add up to 13.
First, 28 cards are dealt face-up in the shape of a pyramid, with the cards partially overlapping. The remaining cards are put face-down in the stock.
- Pair cards that add up to 13. Pairing is done by first clicking on the first card and then on the second card. Only cards that are open, i.e. don’t have another card on top of them, can be paired. It doesn’t matter where the cards are, you can pair cards that are in the pyramid, in the waste or in the temporary card storage.
- Aces count as 1, Jacks as 11 and Queens as 12. The valid pairs are: Ace & Queen, Two & Jack, Three & Ten, Four & Nine, Five & Eight, Four and Nine.
- Kings count as 13 and can be removed by simply clicking on them.
- Flip the stock to reveal 3 additional cards which will be added to the 3 waste piles. Note that resetting the stock is not possible. You can only loop through it once.
- Move an open card from the pyramid or the waste to the temporary card storage in the bottom left.
- Undo a move by clicking the undo button in the bottom right corner. Note that you can only go back one move.
If you are still unsure about which moves are allowed, follow the in-game tutorial.
Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt has several scoring rules which reward quick play and good strategy. Complete different rounds after each other to improve your score.
- Removal of a pair of cards or a King: 500 points
- Completion of a round: 10,000 points
- (Bonus) Removal of all cards, so not only the pyramid but also the cards in the stock & waste: 15,000 points
- (Bonus) Time bonus shown in the top left corner: counts down from 20,000 points to 0 while playing
- (Bonus) Incremental round number bonus: round number * 1,000 points
Note that using the undo button does not impact your score.
- Remove Kings immediately: Always remove the Kings immediately. There is no reason to keep them in the pyramid or waste piles and removing them will earn you 500 points.
- Plan ahead: Look at the pyramid before starting to play and identify which cards are blocking other cards.
- Play cards in the middle of the pyramid: If you can choose, it can be beneficial to play cards in the middle of the pyramid because they cover 2 other cards, while cards at the edges of the pyramid only cover 1 other card.
- Keep the pyramid balanced: If you have the choice, remove cards from the pyramid so that its both sides remain balanced in terms of height.
- Avoid pairing 2 cards in the waste piles: Pairing 2 cards which are in the waste piles does not really help you progress towards clearing the pyramid, except in some cases.
- Use your memory: Try to remember which cards have already been played, so you know whether the card you need is still in the stock or not.
- Use the temporary card storage: Make sure to use the temporary card storage, as it will allow you to reach cards which can otherwise not be reached. The temporary card storage acts like a cell in FreeCell, so it can only hold one card at a time. Keep this in mind and use the temporary card storage strategically.
- Use the undo button: Feel free to use the undo button if you are not happy with your move or if you want to have a look at which cards will be dealt from the stock. Note that using the undo button does not impact your score.
There is no factual information about when Pyramid Solitaire was first invented, but it might have been as early as the 18th century. The game gained in popularity by being included in the Microsoft Entertainment Pack in 1990, although under a different name (Tut’s Tomb). This name was a reference to the tomb of the famous Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun.
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
Get this App Game on iOS App Store for your mobile smartphone and tablet device.
How to Play:
Quick Hints and Tips
If you have read the text above then you’ll probably know most of these but there are few more…
- Always remove Kings as soon as possible, they literally just get in the way.
- Try to plan your moves. Look at the board and see what cards are blocking other cards.
- You absolutely must use the temporary card store. Combine that with planning and you can win most deals. Often simply by moving one card from the pyramid down to the store you can instantly uncover another card that you can use immediately.
- This almost a bit of a cheat (so let’s just consider it an expert tip!). You can use the undo card to look at the next 3 cards coming. This will allow you to plan your moves more effectively.
- At the bottom where the groups of three cards a dealt, if you have too many cards the game will hide them to save space. Those cards are always there, just hidden!
- Remember you don’t have to remove every card, just the pyramid at the top.
Play fun Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt games online and many more board games you can for free. There are lots of free to play games for you to spend your time playing. Your mission while your on this website is to play games and have a fun time! Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt is made with Unity 3D technology with realitic 3D graphic capability for more realistic gaming experience. Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt is part of our Board Games, Card Games, Casual Games, Egypt Games, Puzzle Games, Pyramid Games, and Solitaire Games categories of games. Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt is liked by 39 players who have played this game. If you like the game too, also give it a big thumbs up. So we know what types of games we should add more in the future. We have large collections of online games you can play on your desktop, mobile, or tablet device. Explore the website to search for your next favorite game. We offer games for the entire family to enjoy and all age groups. There are kids games like arcade games for kids. We also have puzzle games, board games, and card games for more intellectual audiences. There are many games for everybody to enjoy. KBH Games offer fast and easy to use website with easy navigation and search functionality. We hope the games you play will brighten your day and make life less boring. The website is updated regularly, so check back to play new games. Have fun playing!