Fire Emblem: The Blinding Bald
The Mangs Team is proud to announce the release of The Blinding Bald, a project that’s been worked on since November 2019. It is an official fan-hack and a spiritual successor to Ft. Mangs Emblem, the amateur hack made by a few people from the Facebook community.
This game is a fully completed 15 chapter ROM hack with custom characters, custom maps and a unique story. The plot is not meant to be taken very seriously, but the gameplay and design is held to a very high standard. We really hope you’ll enjoy this game!
One day, Ft. Mangs suddenly finds itself under siege. With enemies everywhere, Mangs & Mekkah must flee the fort, and go on a journey to retrieve the Armangs. On their journey they will encounter many old faces, and a few new ones
- This hack features 15 chapters in total, 2 of which are gaidens, with requirements that must be met to unlock them. Experience gains are faster than in your regular Fire Emblem game.
- There are in total 38 playable characters. Some of them are hidden, and it is impossible to recruit every single character in one playthrough, as some won’t join if others are present.
- There are three difficulties. Normie, Difficult & Elitist. We strongly advise players to select Normie for their first playthrough, as this is a very difficult hack. Difficult will provide a tough challenge even to veterans of the series. Elitist will be a frustrating experience from start to finish, and will probably require a lot of resetting. This mode has a hidden ending. Each difficulty setting will also drastically change the final boss (Hint; think Path of Radiance’s Ashnard).
- There is another even higher difficulty that must be unlocked while playing the game. How you obtain it is a secret. We can’t even reveal what the mode is called, as that would give it away.
- There is an optional 0% growth ROM available for people craving an insane challenge. In this ROM, every single character’s growth-rates are set to zero, meaning they’ll never gain stats outside of promotion gains & stat boosters. In this mode, the Angel Ring also doesn’t work, and Mekkah gets a unique portrait.
- Units have skills. Usually they have one personal skill, though some characters may have multiple. Some units gain a new skill on promotion, but we’ve otherwise aimed for a very minimalistic skill-experience, with enemies rarely possessing unique skills, and bosses usually only having one or two (there are definitely exceptions though).
- You can view a character’s growth rates by pressing select.
- You can view global enemy ranges by pressing backspace.
- This hack features leadership stars. Each star grants 5% hit and 3% avoid to your entire team. Certain playable characters will come with anywhere between 1-3 leadership stars. Enemies will have leadership stars too, so hunting down opposing commanders to gain an advantage will be a necessary strategy.
- Supports will build very quickly, and will also increase as long as two characters stand within 3 tiles of one another. Each character is limited to 5 supports.
- Upon reaching an A-support, some characters will unlock unique skills depending on who they’re supporting. These talk conversations take place in chapter 9x, so if you haven’t reached the A-support prior to entering this gaiden chapter, you will not get the conversation which unlocks the skills. Some characters can unlock their skills with only a B-support needed.
- Visiting villages and activating talk conversations will yield 25 experience to the unit that initiated the action.
- There are tons of secret events that yield everything from items to skills. There’s usually a hint dropped on the map they appear, if you field the proper character. Unlocking a secret yields 100 exp to the character.
- The arena may send some unique enemies at you, enter at your own risk.
▷ Readme: https://tinyurl.com/y6ufwk4l
▷ Discord: https://discord.gg/S77ZMXK
Just Have Fun!
How to Play
Only keyboard is required to play this game. Check out the controller button to see console-to-keyboard mapping. For example, "A" on the game console is mapped to "Z" Key on your keyboard. You can also change the default key-mapping to whatever you feel comfortable with.
|Default Keyboard Mapping
|Inside The Game
|A,B,L,R Button =
Use the Save button to download the save code of Fire Emblem: The Blinding Bald to your computer. Use the Upload button to select the save code from your PC to resume where you left off.