FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer
Return of the Dark Sorcerer is an incredibly large fan-made Final Fantasy 6 modification that’s been in development since around 2010. It has had quite a few different hands on to get it to where it is today.
Many aspects have been meticulously worked on by the same dedicated group of people since the last release almost two years ago, such as: sprites (character, monster/esper, and NPCs), character portraits, events, coding & gameplay changes, music, dialog, balancing, and bug fixes.
Return of the Dark Sorcerer version 2.
– New cast of characters with customized move sets.
– New and customized events.
– A whole new musical soundtrack.
– New WoB and WoR overworld maps.
– Difficulty selection.
– Music player.
– A font change in config menu.
– New dialog script.
– Major original bugs fixed, many of the lesser ones as well.
– WoB Colosseum added.
– Soul Shrine boss medly event.
– Longer Esper & Spell names.
– Natural stat growth.
– Stat raising items, ala Chrono Trigger & FFIV.
– Character class names.
– More Rare items, with uses.
– More Item icons.
– Increased game difficulty.
– Removed Level Averaging.
– Removed Magicite level-up bonuses.
– Different skills like Magic, Tools, Item etc. all take different time before initiating.
– New Game + event.
– New and customized maps.
– A hundred or so added treasures.
– Lowered monster encounter rate.
– Music plays uninterrupted (no battle music) in most non-overworld areas.
– The 7 dragons replaced with Lord Envoy’s FFVI Advance Monsters Den counterparts.
– Super bosses.
– Imported BRR’s (instrument samples) from other games.
– New monsters and bosses. (Sprites, battle scripts, stats)
– Unique NPC sprites, and some very interesting characters.
– Custom character portraits.
– New spells and custom spell animations, as well as weapon graphics.
– Hold “B” to sprint.
– High MP costing Spells, and a fixed MP digit in the menu to compensate.
– Near Fatal Status is changed to 1/4 HP from 1/8, to encourage more Desperation Attacks; – Desperation Attacks is not limited to just once per battle per character.
– New equipment and Relics.
– All items have descriptions.
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Mike Ferrell||Hacking||Lead Hacker & Project Manager|
|DarkMage||Original Hacking||FFVI improvement patch|
|GrayShadows||Original Hacking||Natural Ability Extension Patch, Golbez acting as normal magic learner hack, Spell learn rate hack|
|HatZen08||Original Hacking||Guest adder, Learnable rage, Step dance, Antimagic field, Resilient Morph, Even Gauge Patch|
|angelo26||Original Hacking||Names clean-up patch, Restored ability names, spell granting event command, flashback color in battl|
|Leviathan Mist||Original Hacking||Battle speed up patch and fix, 255 hours patch|
|Drakkhen||Original Hacking||Physical damage overflow fix patch|
|Master ZED||Original Hacking||New game plus patch|
|Lenophis||Original Hacking||Natural stat growth, new RNG patch|
|assassin17||Original Hacking||Random monster encounter fix patch|
|Madsiur||Original Hacking||Most of ROTDS specific assembly coding (functionalities, additions, tweaks)|
|Synchysi||Original Hacking||Half damage spell back row flag, always sprint hack, gain level command, Health to Miracle|
|Edrin||Original Hacking||Palette change check for characters in WoR hack|
|Lufia||Original Hacking||Step Mine / MP cost ASM hack|
|James White||Graphics||Custom portraits / monster / esper sprites, WoB overworld tree, Elite Knight, Dragon King|
|Poco Loco||Graphics||Most main characters and NPC sprites, a lot of monster re-colors|
|Zeemis||Graphics||FFIV Meteor spell graphic, Rifle (Auto-crossbow replacement), custom sword “Destiny”|
|Sutebenu||Graphics||A few sprites, Arc portrait, work on other portraits, Aerith, Opera Dress Tifa, Chained Tifa|
|Dr.Blank||Graphics||Elite Knight graphics (portrait and sprite)|
|Lijj||Graphics||Original Aurora portrait, and some help with the Onion Knight|
|XolarDark||Graphics||Some spell animations|
|Jackimus||Music||A good number of songs and compositions (see readme)|
|Tsushiy||Music||Gave me permission to use any of his songs. (there’s 4)|
|JCE3000GT||Music||A few song hacks from other games|
|Lockirby||Hacking||WoB & WoR map design and hack|
|Lord Envoy||Script Editing/Revision||Some original bosses and and the FFVI Advance Dragon battle scripts|
|Poco Loco||Script Editing/Revision||A lot of dialogues chages and dialogue change suggestions|
|Sutebenu||Script Editing/Revision||Polished some dialogues and made grammar fixes|
|Magical Trevor||Script Editing/Revision||For his amazing grammar and syntax help|
|Zozma||Graphics||Barberella (‘Purple Haired Girl’), Zigfreid, Vargas, Clyde|
|FEOK||Graphics||Fusoya and Pirate sprites|
|Sathka||Graphics||Hector (Old hooded man) sprite|
|Eddie Lee||Graphics||Heartless sprite|
|Koreki||Graphics||Bow Wow graphics|
|Joshdammit||Graphics||Devil-Bat Girl sprite|
|Merciroth||Graphics||Raditz and Saibamen graphics|
How to Play
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, X, Y Button =||[J], [K], [I], [L]|
|L, R Button =||[U], [O]|
|PLAY, SELECT =||[Enter], [Space-Bar]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data.
CAUTION:: Browser's private mode WILL NOT retain your save state, because save state is deleted once the browser is closed, so don't use private mode if you want to use the save state.
Recommended Browser: Chrome
FF6 Return of the Dark Sorcerer is one of many Rpg Games to play online on your web browser for free at KBH Games. Play FF6 Return of the Dark Sorcerer using a online SNES emulator. Tagged as Adventure Games, Final Fantasy Games, RPG Games, SNES Games, and Strategy Games. Upvoted by 11 players. Other games you might like are Batman Return of the Joker (NES) and SMW: Return Trip. No download or installation needed to play this free game. Hope this game brings a little joy into your daily life.