Worlds: History Simulator
‘Worlds’ is a simulator intended to recreate human history all the way from its origins in alternate world settings.
- A 2D cell-based terrain generator that creates continent-based worlds with semi-realistic temperature and rainfall patterns. Biomes, like deserts and forests, are assigned to each cell based on its specific climate.
- An alternate 3D globe visualization of the map with a simulated, cosmetic day/night cycle.
- A map editor that allows you to modify the terrain in multiple ways: Offset the global seal levels, temperatures and global rainfall. Or use a brush to tweaks individual attributes on each cell.
- Humanity starts from a single place on the map, either chosen by you or random, and spreads all over the world, adapting along the way to the diverse environments.
- Populations in different places grow and evolve, diverging socially and technologically over time under the influence of environmental factors and interactions with other cultures.
- Population groups can join and form basic political and territorial entities (polities). Each which might in turn develop its own language and culture.
- Multiple map modes and overlays that will allow you to observe how human groups differ from each other on multiple aspects, from population densities to cultural attributes and technological advancements.
- You can take over polity factions and have some level of influence on events that happen to them.
- World Generation:
- Add oceanic current. These will have an effect on climates, fishing and maritime routes.
- Add drainage basins that will give raise to, rivers, aquifers and associated biomes.
- Add geological/planetary events: volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, climate change, etc.
- Add more customizable world generation parameters, templates and modding.
- Add the ability to import custom world maps and population/polity setups.
- Add support for bigger/smaller worlds.
- History Simulation:
- Add more production activities like fishing, herding, crafting.
- Add cultural values to societies which will influence how different human groups behave, evolve and interact with each other.
- Add more abstract cultural identification/separation mechanics (art, social customs, sports).
- Add cults/religions which might expand and influence societies.
- Add population centers (villages, towns, cities) to which populations will migrate and where more complex production systems (industries) can evolve.
- Add a more robust agricultural system where different crops can be planted and harvested, and different animals can be domesticated and exploited.
- Add to polities more complex politics, different forms of government and different social structures (ie. clan systems, caste/class based societies, egalitarian societies).
- Add diplomatic interactions between polities: conflicts, treaties, alliances, etc.
- Add trading routes between cities and polities.
- Add modding for cultural attributes, political systems and events.
- User Interface:
- Add the ability to zoom into regions/polities.
- Add more and improved visualization overlays and views.
- Add data graphs and a history log viewer.
- Add a 3D globe view.
- Add basic UI sounds.
- Add a procedural music generator that creates music tailored to individual cultures.
- User/Player Interactions:
- Improve a player’s ability to take control/influence individual polities.
- Add the ability to ‘time-travel’ to arbitrary periods in a world’s past without the necessity to load a save.
- Add an in-engine timelapse viewer/player.
Developed by Dr. Tardigrade.
Support the project on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DrTardigrade
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
You are currently playing Worlds: History Simulator, a online game, one of many educational games you can play online at KBHGAMES.com. We have a lot of fun games waiting for you to play them, your mission while your on this website is to play games and have fun! Worlds: History Simulator is liked by 22 players who have played this game. If you like the game too, also give it a big thumbs up. So we know what types of games we should add more in the future. We have large collections of online games you can play on your desktop, mobile, or tablet device. Explore the website to search for your next favorite game. There are games for the entire family to enjoy and all age groups. There are kids games like arcade games for kids. Puzzle games, board games, and card games intellectual audience. Also there are many games for everybody to enjoy. for all KBH Games offer speedy servers and easy to use navigation and search functionality. We hope that some of the games on our website can brighten your day just a little bit each day. The website is updated regularly, so check back every day to play amazing New Games. We hope you like your stay with us.