PAWNBARIAN combines chess with card together into a seamlessly new and unique puzzle game.
– You’re the dude in the horned helmet.
– You have a deck of cards with chess moves. You draw 4 every turn. When your deck is empty, the discard is shuffled into a new deck.
– Drag on a card and highlight a direction to make the corresponding chess move.
– Kill enemies by attacking them like you would capture with a chess piece.
– Red crosshairs are tiles targeted for attacks, you’ll lose lives if you end your turn there. You can get attacked multiple times in a turn, the crosshairs overlap!
– Clear the board to progress through the game.
– You have 2 moves every turn (shown left of the board), and you can press the arrow next to your hand to end your turn early.
– You’ll need to figure out enemy behaviours and attack patterns on your own. Good luck!
All icons from game-icons.net (CC BY 3.0) by Carl Olsen, DarkZaitev, Guard13007, Lorc, Skoll
Pawnbarian is going to be extended into a bigger game for PC and mobile! Follow developers @j4nw.
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.