X-Men : Children of the Atom
Face off between the amazing X-men super heroes and villains in this classic arcade fighting game: X-Men : Children of the Atom.
- Colossus is the slowest, but strongest X-Men member. His attacks involve pummeling the opponent and taking advantage of his metal skin. His stage is in the city under attack by the Sentinels. The first part takes place when they battle at the middle of the bridge. But when the bridge collapses, they land on a huge boat crossing alongside
- Cyclops relies mainly on his optic blasts. He has a great amount of agility and has an uppercut move. His stage is the Danger Room. In the background of the stage, traps such as spikes appear, although these will not damage the player in any way.
- Iceman attacks his enemies with ice beams or ice balls. An interesting point is that he takes zero chipping damage when blocking a projectile attack. His stage is an iceberg floor floating across a tropical beach, as the battle progresses the the iceberg floormoves away from the beach. Characters will slide while standing still on the ice, making his stage slightly difficult to keep balance on.
- Psylocke, utilizes both Ninjutsu attacks and psionic blasts, with equal ease and speed. She also employs illusions, enabling sneak attacks. Her stage is an elevator moving around a skyscraper. This stage is somewhat similar to her stage in the game’s sequel.
- Storm is the only X-Men member who can fly and mainly attacks with wind, ice and lightning-based attacks. Her stage is on top of the Blackbird.
- Wolverine has moves related to his powerful brawling and clawing skills. He has great agility and can also heal part of his damage. His stage is the Savage Land.
- Omega Red mostly makes use of his tentacles, draining either the life- or X-energy or whipping them at the player. His stage is an undersea laboratory but once the glass from the elevator breaks due to deep underwater pressure, it immediately speeds it upward to prevent it, signifies that the match is decided.
- Sentinel is the largest regular character. He is slow and awkward, but features a vast array of intimidating short- and long-range weaponry, and extremely powerful blows — Sentinel’s normal moves inflict guard damage to blocking opponents. His stage is a Sentinel factory in Genosha. Master Mold, who is in the background, will either fly off or be destroyed depending on whether or not Sentinel wins.
- Silver Samurai features an array of sword skills and energy shurikens. He can also use his mutant abilities to energize his sword in a vast array of ways. His stage is a Kodokan.
- Spiral uses her long, powerful six arms. Her stage has 4 different rooms and is unique because the floor can break up to 3 times(hits twice on the floor in order to break it), caused by a hard fall by an airborne character.
- Juggernaut is the first boss character which the player encounters after defeating six opponents. He is a slow, but very powerful character with huge range. Three blows dispose of almost any character. Not only is he extremely powerful, but it takes multiple hits to put him on the floor. He has a special armor that prevents him from being tripped or pushed back that is powered up even more by his Crimson Gem of Cyttorak power-up ability. His stage is a space ship launching bay. He is also arguably the first character in fighting games to use in-stage objects as weapons (the I-beams in the foreground).
- Magneto is the final boss. He is capable of flight and is immensely powerful. In addition, his super bar fills automatically. As expected, his attacks are mainly revolved around his mastery of magnetism and electromagnetism. One ability allows him to manipulate ship fragments from the Blackbird, which is never seen in a later game. Another creates an invulnerable magnetic shield around him that protects him from virtually any attack; Magneto normally uses this attack when his health is low. His stage is Avalon, his space station. It is arguably the most spectacular stage of the whole game, featuring lush graphics, state-of-the-art 2D animation and fluid changes between different parts of the space station.
- Akuma is very similar to his Super Street Fighter II Turbo incarnation. He is selectable via a code at the character select screen. He moves fast, his moves do big damage and he knows a fair few nasty combos and has powerful Super Moves, although he has low stamina compared to other characters. Like his SSFII Turbo incarnation, he uses attacks with spiritual energy (Hadou) and Ansatsuken style, he also uses ki manipulation to pass through the foe and also uses fire attacks. His stage is the Danger Room. Akuma can be available if X-Men: Children of the Atom is in Version 3.0.
- Professor X appears in Colossus’ ending and in the credits with the X-Men. Also appears in the Danger Room stage.
- Mojo appears in Spiral’s ending and Iceman does an ice sculpture of Mojo in his ending.
- Phoenix appears in Cyclops’ and Wolverine’s endings.
- Forge appears in Storm’s ending.
How to Play
Press [Space-Bar] after the loading and introduction screen to insert coin, then [ENTER] to PLAY.
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|Insert Coin =||[Space-Bar] |
(Only work after intro. Locked during intro)
|Button 1, 2, 3 =||[J], [K], [L]|
|Button 4, 5, 6 =||[I], [O], [U]|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|Insert Coin =||[8 Numpad]|
|PLAY =||[9 Numpad]|
|Button 1, 2, 3 =||, ,  Numpad|
|Button 4, 5, 6 =||, ,  Numpad|
X-Men Children of the Atom is one of many Marvel Games to play online on your web browser for free at KBH Games. Play X-Men Children of the Atom using a online Arcade emulator. Tagged as 2 Player Games, Action Games, Arcade Games, Atom Games, Capcom Games, CPS2 Games, Fighting Games, Marvel Games, Retro Games, Street Fighter Games, Super Hero Games, and X-men Games. Upvoted by 201 players. Other games you might like are Army Men Advance and X-Men Mutant Apocalypse. No download or installation needed to play this free game. Hope this game brings a little joy into your daily life.