Stunt Race FX
Stunt Race FX is known as Wild Trax in Japan is a cartoony 3D-racing video game released in 1994.
There are three vehicles to choose from originally (F-Type, COUPE, and 4WD), as well as a fourth one that is unlockable (2WD); a fifth vehicle is only used in bonus games (TRAILER). Stunt Race FX’s use of eyes on the vehicles was a late-in-development addition, to give character to otherwise personality-free cars. Each vehicle has different capabilities in terms of speed, body and acceleration. According to the instruction booklets in English, the vehicles are male; however, according to the Japanese instruction manual and the Japanese television commercial, the COUPE is female and every other vehicle is male.
- F-Type – A Formula One-like vehicle. His MAX SPEED is 140 MPH (220 km/h). He can be turned and controlled quickly and easily, because of his strong down-force, and accelerates very quickly to top speed. However, his ability to take damage is the weakest of all the vehicles. F-Type is designed for advanced players, who can either try drifting with the L and R buttons, or run F-Type more safely by controlling the gas pedal to match the tire grip. Players must be careful to adjust the balance of F-Type in mid-air using the steering buttons to land safely, due to his weak body; this technique is very important for anyone who uses F-Type.
- COUPE – A small, yellow, car with balanced settings. She is based on the car body style of the same name and is the only female car in the game. COUPE’s MAX SPEED is 120 MPH (190 km/h), and she offers stable performance and tight steering. Her Boost meter consumption is also lower than the other vehicles; if the player controls COUPE well, the player can save a lot of time. Her tire grip is relatively low, however, which can require the player to use the L and R buttons to drift in the corners (while making sure not to slow down too much). COUPE is designed for intermediate players.
- 4WD – A monster truck-like vehicle that has a powerful engine to balance his heavy weight. He is a monster machine with very large tires that give great grip performance, and is unsurpassed for off-road driving. His MAX SPEED is 100 MPH (160 km/h), making him the slowest vehicle (except the bonus-game-only TRAILER), and his steering is particularly heavy, which might require a player to turn quickly at every curve. He is, however, the easiest vehicle to use in STUNT TRAX, according to the game’s instruction booklet, and is designed for beginner players. While cornering, even if a player kept using the L and R buttons to steer harder, 4WD hardly spins. 4WD is the only vehicle players can use in TEST RUN.
- 2WD – A two-wheeled vehicle, identified as a car in the manual. He can only be used in FREE TRAX after a player beats NOVICE class in SPEED TRAX; however, if a player clears MASTER class in SPEED TRAX, 2WD can be used in all modes. If a player uses the cornering buttons (L and R), 2WD will turn by shifting his weight left and right while leaning his body. However, it is difficult to recover when 2WD loses balance. His MAX SPEED is 140 MPH (220 km/h).
- TRAILER – A special semi-trailer truck that can only be played in each SPEED TRAX Bonus Game. Because of his very large size and the flexibility of the hitch between the cab and trailer, he is very tough to drive. The SPEED TRAX Bonus Game featuring TRAILER uses a different camera angle, which can make controlling this vehicle more confusing than the others. It is impossible to damage this vehicle.
The game features five modes: three for racing levels, one for obstacle courses, one for test-driving, one for time-attacking, and one for multiplayer racing.
- SPEED TRAX – This mode can only be played by one player. Player must beat a class in order to move up to the next class. Each class has four courses and a Bonus Game. There are three classes: NOVICE (for beginner players), EXPERT (for intermediate players) and MASTER (for advanced players). For a total of fifteen tracks (twelve courses and three Bonus Games). To complete a course, player must complete three laps before time runs out. Every time a player completes a lap or passes through a Checkpoint, the countdown timer will extend. After the third lap is completed, all the time left will be taken to the next course. However, players can not carry more than 100 seconds. There are three rival vehicles for a player to compete against. If a player makes a vehicle he or she controls run off course into a water hazard, completely fill up the Damage meter and destroys it, run in fourth/last place or if the timer drops to zero, player loses a try and restarts the race on the same course he or she was on. If the player runs out of tries, the game is over. Bonus Games are the only courses in this mode that allows players to either play them or not. They are also the only courses in the game where players can earn extra tries, just in case if players often lost races and wanted to try a few more times. After EXPERT class has been cleared, MASTER class will be unlocked.
- STUNT TRAX – The goal of this mode is to drive all the way through each course as fast as possible while touching every star in sight to make a perfect score. There are four courses exclusive in this mode: Ice Dance, Blue Lake, Rock Field and Up’n Down. There are four Areas and three gates per course. When driven through a gate, the gate will close, making the player unable to reenter the previous Areas already passed through. A Special Course called Radio Control can be unlocked after the other four courses have been cleared. Unlike the other four courses, Radio Control doesn’t have any stars nor gates, which it is actually a destruction derby course with the style of radio-controlling. The goal in this course is to run the vehicle the player is controlling into every other vehicle to destroy them.
- BATTLE TRAX – This mode is for head-to-head racing. Up to two computer players or human players can participate in this mode. For a computer player or two, players must have both standard controllers plugged in, while leaving at least one of them alone, in order to activate a computer player or two. There are four courses exclusive in this mode: Marine Pipe, Port Arena, Cotton Farm and Toxic Desert (titled as Toxic Dessert in the game).
- TEST RUN – This mode is designed for beginners to practice by test-driving. Only one vehicle (4WD) and one nameless course is playable in this mode. After finishing three laps, the screen blacks out while the mode select screen returns. After FREE TRAX is unlocked, TEST RUN will no longer be playable; however, if the saved data was erased after FREE TRAX is unlocked, TEST RUN will be playable again.
- FREE TRAX – This mode can only be unlocked by beating either NOVICE class or EXPERT class in SPEED TRAX. Players use this mode for practicing courses from completed SPEED TRAX classes, including ones that are from the Bonus Games. This mode is also used for time-attacking. There is no time limit.
How to Play
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, X, Y Button =||[J], [K], [I], [L]|
|L, R Button =||[U], [O]|
|PLAY, SELECT =||[Enter], [Space-Bar]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data.
CAUTION:: Browser's private mode WILL NOT retain your save state, because save state is deleted once the browser is closed, so don't use private mode if you want to use the save state.
Recommended Browser: Chrome
Play Stunt Race FX Online Game. One of many Racing Games to play online on your web browser for free at KBH Games. Play Stunt Race FX using a online SNES emulator. Tagged as Car Games, Racing Games, Retro Games, and SNES Games. Upvoted by 26 players. Other games you might like are Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge and Port Bike Stunt. No download or installation needed to play this free game. Hope this game brings a little joy into your daily life.